Quality Management Program—Laboratory Services (QMP–LS) is a department of the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) that provides External Quality Assessment (EQA) and Accreditation (OLA) to Ontario’s licensed laboratories as the agent of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. Operating under an agreement between the parties, QMP–LS promotes quality management through proficiency testing (EQA), accreditation (OLA) and education. The program has an international reputation and is actively exploring opportunities to provide services outside of Ontario in Canada and abroad.
Part-Time Consultant Technologist – Cytology/Genetics
EQA is recruiting a part-time Consultant Technologist primarily to manage the cytology and genetics programs. These are mature programs that require ongoing development and innovation. The successful candidate will be expected to have sufficient flexibility to take on the administration of these as well as other programs from time to time as required. QMP–LS is looking for innovation, ideas and energy to take its EQA program to higher levels of excellence.
You will be responsible for collaborating with members of our scientific committees and QMP–LS staff to design, plan and implement various laboratory external quality assessment models. This includes monitoring laboratory performance and developing quality improvement initiatives.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist or Scientist upholding all professional, provincial and national standards
- Minimum ten years’ recent practical experience in cytology or genetics laboratories and/or provision of proficiency testing/EQA programs
- Advanced Registered Technologist certification and/or relevant bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Current registration with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Knowledge and understanding of quality control practice and associated statistics
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office environment)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, group facilitation skills
- Team player committed to collaborative approach, as well as ability to work independently
- Well organized; project management skills an asset
The OMA offers competitive compensation and benefits, a professional work environment and flexible work hours. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Resumés, including salary expectations, should be forwarded by June 22, 2012 to:
Ontario Medical Association
150 Bloor St West, 9th Floor
Toronto, Ontario N5S 1E6
Fax: 416.340.2973 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.